My name is Ardith Stephanson and I live Saskatchewan, Canada. I’m a freelance writer with a journalism and communications background. By combining today’s technology that allows me to work remotely, with my attention to details and deadlines, I meet the needs of an array of clients, in a variety of ways.
My education and background is journalism and I have 30 years of writing experience. I have written everything from newspaper articles to speeches, funding proposals to promotional materials. I have extensive experience in a variety of strategic communications areas, including media and public relations, and marketing.
Most recently, I have expanded into blog and website writing, with a focus on Search Engine Optimization and content marketing. I have also managed social media like Facebook and Twitter, designed strategic campaigns, and managed platforms like WordPress.
My biggest focus is writing blog articles, which I do for a variety of clients. Here are some samples:
- Startup Press, a business site.
- Fresh Australian Kitchen, which sells cast iron cookware and specialty glassware.
- Baja Weddings and Events;
- The Totes Newsworthy site.
- Bonsai, a site focused on freelance work.
I’ve even been published in Spanish!
See below for links to more samples.
I have also done the following work:
- Writing product reviews
- Managing the web content strategy for several clients, including content planning, keyword focus, and writing and posting the content
- Writing modules for the education site Overwrite, which consisted of preparing multiple choice exams with reference resources on two topics: Leadership, and Time Management and Productivity
- Writing specialized website content for varied clients such as kitchen and cooking to home maintenance to financial advisors to online marketing; some of these clients pay me to be a “ghost writer,” so my name does not appear
- Writing with a focus on content marketing, brand journalism and Search Engine Optimization
- Editing and re-writing website content
- Re-vamping a WordPress website, including writing content and re-doing the site structure: Aldebaran Coaching and Consulting
- Writing marketing material in the form of user manuals
- As always, this personal blog where I write for my enjoyment
I have run a successful communications business in the past and I’m a national award-winner in communications, so I’m sure I can help you or someone you know. I ask that if you know anyone who may need my services, please pass along my information.
To read some of my recent work, besides the “fun” stuff I like to write for this blog, here are some samples:
- Writing for the freelancer site HelloBonsai.com, I have written this article on client testimonials, this article on identifying client needs and this article on developing a marketing pitch.
- Writing for EcommerceChamp, I have written about the top 5 dropshippers and using Oberlo for dropshipping.
- Working for Vivvo.com, I have written Digital Government in Canada and eGovernment Transformation.
- I am a ghost writer for the great, fun site KitchenSanity and I’ve written for Financial Framework.
Stay tuned for more!